Thanks for visiting my little corner of the web.
I’m an Australian marketing and advertising copywriter with broad first-hand business operations experience (i.e. I’ve worked “at the coalface” and in some cases, in management) across a range of industries, including:
- agriculture (feedlot worker and jackaroo on a big Northern Territory cattle station)
- landscaping (labourer)
- extreme sports (surf photographer)
- hospitality (cafe/bar service)
- entertainment (songwriter and pub/party performer)
- just in time services (transcription services for judges and barristers)
- product management & design & software development (digital recording software for courts)
- government (implementing technology and service contracts)
I don’t just rely on my own experiences; I’m a hungry reader of books and news and will research the topic before I put pencil to paper. What I do rely on is that people can spot an imposter a mile off – especially in niche industries.
A good copywriter will be able to absorb new information about new industries, services, products and people and, with input and guidance from you, provide you with writing that looks, sounds and feels right to your customers.
If you’re still interested, why not take a look around my site and read some of the articles I’ve written to see if we might be a good fit.
Outside of branding, marketing and advertising, I’m interested in family, photography, minimalism, product design, travel and learning new things.
I use @hamishwyatt on all social media, so don’t be a stranger!